1) Write about your family – describe people, relationship, occupation, their special characteristics etc.
2) Write about your village and good and bad things in your village
3) Write about your school life and some fond memories of school
4) Write about your college life and good and bad things of college life
5) Write about the happiest moment in your life. Describe what you learnt from it?
6) Write about your good friends and how they helped to make you the person you are today.
7) Write about mobiles and advantages and disadvantages of using mobiles
8) Write about computer and advantages and disadvantages of using computers
9) Write about TV and advantages and disadvantages of using it
10) Write about using modern technology in Agriculture. Describe the advantage and disadvantages of it.
11) Write about internet and use and abuse of internet
12) Write about advantages and disadvantages of using vehicles
13) Write about your favorite personality. Describe how are you influenced by him/her
14) Write about your role model. Describe what characters you liked in him/her
15) Write about your favorite movie star. Describe why do you like him/her
16) Write about your favorite sports personality. Describe why do you like him/her
17) Write about your favorite movie. Describe why do you like it
18) Write about your favorite place. Share your experience when you visited it
19) Village life vs. City life
20) Agriculture vs. Industry
21) Joint family vs. Nuclear family
22) Kannada medium vs. English medium
23) MNCs vs. Indian companies
24) Globalization vs. Nationalism
25) Write an essay on Indian unemployment problem. Describe the role of youth to solve this problem.
26) Write an essay on problems of Rural India. Describe how these problems can be solved?
27) Write an essay on Indian farmer’s problems. Describe what government should do to solve these problems.
28) Write an essay on the Indian Education system. Describe problems and solutions.
29) Write an essay on India’s population explosion. Mention methods of controlling it.
30) Write about world’s pollution problems. Describe what you can do to minimize pollution.
31) Describe a significant interest or hobby that has special meaning for you.
32) How will you use your college education in your career?
33) What are your dreams of the future?
34) What was the most difficult time in your life? How did you overcome these difficulties?
35) Describe your most rewarding experience.
36) Have you ever struggled for something and failed? How did you respond?
37) Identify a person who has had a significant influence on you and explain the influence.
38) What are your three strongest beliefs? Describe them.
39) Write about a book that has special significance for you.
40) What are your most important extracurricular activities? What made you join these activities?
41) If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
42) Governments have banned smoking in all public places. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons.
43) To what extent is the use of animals in scientific research acceptable?
44) Are our zoos cruel to wild animals? Discuss.
45) Education is the single most important factor in the development of a country. Do you agree?
46) What factors are related to academic success in high school students?
47) Children learn best by observing the behavior of adults. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
48) TV: could you be without it? Discuss.
49) The mass media, including TV, radio and newspapers, have great influence in shaping people's ideas. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer.
50) Tourism is becoming increasingly important as a source of revenue to many countries but its disadvantages should not be overlooked. What are some of the problems of tourism?
51) Does modern technology make life more convenient, or was life better when technology was simpler?
52) What should a government do for a country to become successful?
53) Should sports classes be sacrificed in high school so that students can concentrate on academic subjects?
54) A vegetarian diet is as healthy as a diet containing meat. Argue for or against this opinion.
55) How can we decrease corruption in the government?